De acordo com a embaixada dos EUA & Consulados no website da Rússia :
All Non-immigrant visa (NIV) operations across Russia were suspended
beginning August 23, 2017. Non-immigrant visa interviews will be
conducted only at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow.
O site também explica por que você precisa de uma entrevista para vistos de não-imigrantes aqui:
- Q: Why do I need an interview for a nonimmigrant visa?
- A: The
interview is a legal U.S. requirement that applies worldwide.
- Diplomats and official government travel (including UN, other
international organizations, and diplomats in transit).
- Renewal within
same class of visa within one year of expiration (consular officer
discretion – may require interview).
The exception does not apply to
applicants who are applying for a different type of nonimmigrant visa.
They must be interviewed.
Como você mencionou, há um processo de envio de dispensa de entrevista, mas você deve atender às qualificações, que são:
- All ten fingerprints were captured at a prior consular interview
- For holders of B1/B2 (tourist), I (journalist), or C1/D (crew) visas: Your most recent visa was issued after November 6, 2007 and is
currently valid or you are applying within 11 months of the expiration
of that visa.
For holders of all other types of visas: Your previous visa is currently valid or you are reapplying within 11 months of the
expiration of your previous visa.
- You are applying for the exact same type of visa as your current/previous visa
- Your visa does not have Clearance Received annotated on it
- You must be present in the Russian Federation
Você precisará de uma entrevista na Rússia, a menos que tenha um conjunto extra de circunstâncias que não forneceu em sua pergunta.