Coisas J.K. Rowling ligou para a Canon
- Snape não é um vampiro
JKR: No, I see that, and yeah, I follow your line there. I can't — I mean, obviously, there are lines of speculation I don't want to shut down. Generally speaking, I shut down those lines of speculation that are plain unprofitable. Even with the shippers. God bless them, but they had a lot of fun with it. It's when people get really off the wall — it's when people devote hours of their time to proving that Snape is a vampire that I feel it's time to step in, because there's really nothing in the canon that supports that.
("The Leaky Cauldron and MuggleNet interview Joanne Kathleen Rowling: Part Two")
- Hermione tem "olhos castanhos, cabelos crespos e é muito inteligente".
Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified. Rowling loves black Hermione
- A história da criança amaldiçoada
The story of #CursedChild should be considered canon, though. @jackthorne, John Tiffany (the director) and I developed it together.
- Tudo nos filmes dos Fantastic Beasts
Q. There were obviously some major changes from the HP books to the films... Are we to take everything in these films as canonical?
JKR: Yes, because I'm writing them!
Coisas J.K. Rowling não chamou canon
- Harry Potter e a Pedra Filosofal
- Harry Potter e a Câmara Secreta
- Harry Potter e o Prisioneiro de Azkaban
- Harry Potter e o Cálice de Fogo
- Harry Potter e a Ordem da Fênix
- Harry Potter e o Enigma do Príncipe
- Harry Potter e as Relíquias da Morte
- Quadribol através dos tempos
- Animais Fantásticos e Onde Habitam
- Os contos de Beedle, o bardo
- Os oito filmes de Harry Potter
- Qualquer um dos videogames ou outras mercadorias
- Qualquer fan-fiction além de The Cursed Child